ONE FOR THE HISTORY BOOKS
The 2013 Coleman family reunion bash has come and gone and I think it’s safe to say it was a unqualified success. Everyone played nice (but we always do) with lots of baby admiring, kid chasing, laughter, way too much food and just all around catching up. I’ll be posting pics for a while, there are at least a couple hundred, but don’t worry, I’ve no intention of subjecting you to photo after photo of people, places or things that are only interesting to the people actually in the picture. First, though, I finally got a pic of the Sprout in the Olivia Petit sweater. Oh.My.Gosh.
Lindsey and Annie – The first twigs on the Coleman Family tree
I can’t believe they have babies of their own now!
SUCH AN HONOR
I was so surprised and honored to learn that nothingbutknit2 nominated me for a Leibster award. Keep reading to get the skinny on this very cool award.
The Leibster Award is given by bloggers, to bloggers, and its purpose is to highlight blogs with under 200 followers that deserve a look. Encouraging people to visit blogs that others enjoy seems like a great initiative. The rules for the award are pretty straightforward:
1. Post 11 facts about myself.
2. Answer the questions given to me by the person who nominated me.
3. Invent 11 questions to ask people whom I wish to nominate for the award.
4. Choose 11 people (with fewer than 200 followers) to give this award to and link to them in my post.
5. Go to their blog and tell them.
My 11 Facts:
1. I’m an only child.
2. I have three grandchildren, all girls.
3. I’ve been married to Mr. Iknead for 33 years.
4. I am recently retired.
5. Before I was old and creaky-boned, I was an aerobics teacher.
6. I’ll try anything once.
7. I learned to drive on a stick shift.
8. I’m an unrepentent homebody.
9. I love to fish – but strictly catch and release.
10. I played bassoon in high school.
11. I love a challenge.
My 11 Nominee Answers
1. Favorite color? Any shade of purple.
2. Childhood punishment? Spanking.
4. Dog or cat? Both.
5. Party theme? Come as your favorite book character.
6. My favorite actor/actress? Diane Keaton.
7. What have I learned recently that surprised me? People describe me as “artsy”.
8. Have I ever done anything illegal? Yep.
9. Hardest thing ever done? Ran the eight mile leg of a relay marathon.
10. Title of my autobiography? Still Crazy After All These Years.
11. Easier to give up chocolate or TV for a week? Chocolate.
My 11 Nominee Questions:
1. Fiction or nonfiction?
2. Favorite dessert?
3. What was the last book you read?
4. What’s your favorite music genre?
5. Do you know how to swim?
6. What do you have a burning desire to learn?
7. Birth order?
8. What’s your guilty pleasure?
9. What’s your favorite thing to knit?
10. What would be your dream job?
11. What would be your dream vacation?
Take a few minutes to check out these blogs, I hope you like them as much as I do!
There is no such thing as a “self-made” person….Everyone who has ever done a kind deed for us, or spoken one word of encouragement to us, has entered into the make-up of our character and of our thoughts, as well as our success. George Matthew Adams